Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Steve Jobs: Not Just An Apple

           Steve Jobs died on October 5, 2011 because of Pancreatic Cancer, although he was more commonly known for being the founder Apple, he did many more. He was one of the founders of and the chief executor of Pixar Animation Studios and he was on the board of directors of the Walt Disney Company. Pixar movies are classics. And it is all thanks to Jobs.      
            To celebrate everything he has accomplished at Pixar, here are some short animations and movies:
File:PixarNov09.jpg 1

My top 3 favorite short animations are:

3. Knick Knack
            A quaint story about a snowman trying to escape the snow globe.  

2. Partly Cloudy
            The story of “birth” told from a different aspect and the beauty of friendship makes this story my #2.

1. For the Birds
            This hilarious tale is karma at work, which is why it is my favorite Pixar short.

My favorite Pixar movies are: 

11. Cars
            Although the movie was good, I didn’t think it had outstanding qualities like the others.

10. A Bug’s Life
            There are many funny moments in this movie, but again, not as outstanding as the others.

9. Toy Story 2
            I absolutely love Jessie’s character and the plot was cute.

8. Finding Nemo
            Dory is fun and enjoyable, while it touches on the love parents have for kids. AWW…

7. Ratatouille
            This movie has a great message about how anyone can do what he or she loves to do, rat or not.

6. Toy Story 3
            Pixar did a great job on adapting modern toys with the classic toys and introducing the idea of change to children.

5. Wall-E
            Cool futuristic animation warning people about continuations in pollution. That was awesome.

4. The Incredibles
            The Incredibles Family is so typical and the movie gave me a “feel good” feeling in the end about family. Also, I enjoyed the modern architecture throughout it.

3. Toy Story 1
            I’ve had the VHS since birth and I adore every minute of the animation.

2. Up
            What Up could accomplish in the first 10 minutes of the movie, was breath taking. The animators were highly successful with characterization without any words. And the music brought tears to my eyes every time I heard it.

1. Monsters Inc.
            This movie is basically tied with Up, but I love this movie a little more because it brought a new and hilarious aspect to monsters, and gave a VERY CUTE message about love. At the end of the movie, I felt more touched by it than any other animation.


            Well, there you have it. You remembered most of Pixar’s creations and you learned more about a great guy, Steve Jobs. For more information on the history of Pixar go to their main site here, or SlashFilm.

Post by: A Foley Artist
Photographs by: 
1 Lucius Kwok [Picture posted here]
The rest are movie covers that can be found on Pixar's main site.

3 comments:

  1. He is now my idol, i forgot he did all those things.

    Master R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember watching all those wonderful films!It's such a brilliant idea to put a post about Steve to recognize his works. But I'm pretty sure that Steve worked on the Toy Story 3 and not the other movies.

    Minji Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all these moves!i really didn't know that Steve Jobs worked on these movies, but informative. Good Job

    -H

    ReplyDelete