Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hit or Miss? The Secret Life of the American Teenager


ABC Family’s The Secret Life of the American Teenager is in the process of making season 5. After the crazy summer finale or season 4, who knows what will happen. Before I say my personal opinion, I must say that I have only seen 5 minutes of the show, and I had enough. Personally, I have a deep hate for this show. And I mean deep. So yes, I think that The Secret Life of the American Teenager is a miss.
For people fortunate to not know what this show is about, it takes place in California. Because of Amy Juergens’ teen pregnancy, family and friend issues erupt, and the show is mainly about dealing with Amy’s cope on her dramatic world.
For starters, I don’t appreciate these teenagers being named “American” because it puts a gold star on America’s portfolio of shame. Second, I could really care less about high school drama. Third, the fact that the show is about a pregnant teen, doesn’t make me say to myself, “Not that is what I call a TV show!” Fourth, the main character’s personality is unappealing and dull, which is a horrible example for teens.
But we do get something out of this show, right? I hope that teens realize the point of this show is to realize that teen pregnancy and drama is stressful. Well, that is what I take from it. This show is my reminder that I should never get pregnant in high school or start drama. Other than that, the show sets a horrible example for teens.
What has happened to TV? Is this the start of shows setting horrible examples for teens? I hope so, but I am afraid not. We have another season of The Secret Life of the American Teenager, and I am sure that it has more drama than the others.
For more information on The Secret Life of the American Teenager, go to ABC Family or Wikipedia
Photograph by ABC Family
Post by A Foley Artist

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I agree. Pretty much the entire series was about getting pregnant which doesn't help to boast the viewers' interests.

    Minji Kim

    ReplyDelete