Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Foley Artist's TV gap Leads

1)      Compare and Contrast
I remember being eight and watching all these shows that were entertaining, appropriate, had a good message, and really funny. Now, there aren’t a lot of TV shows that offer those ideal qualities for teens. I don’t know about you, but I like to avoid those awkward moments when your parents watching a show and they change the channel because of inappropriateness, or those moments when shows are way too childish. A gap exists between TV for children and TV for adults.
2)      Direct address
Do you find yourself flipping from the Disney Channel to ABC Family and back because there is nothing else to watch on TV? Many teens face this problem, too. Although both the Disney and ABC Family channels try to market the teen demographic, they leave a large gap for teens.
3)      Question
What is the difference between 30 year olds playing teenagers or children playing teenagers? Trick question! NOTHING. Both are wrong and awful to watch. So how has TV shows shown success in the teen demographic? Here are some TV shows that I used to love.

10 comments:

  1. Hey Zoey,
    I really like the first one the best. It gets my attention because I remember when shows were high quality than they are now. Just like you, I can't find a good show that is targeted for teens.

    Minji

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the 2nd lead the best. For the last part that says, they leave a large gap for teens, I would clarify that by saying they lack shows appropriate for teens or something like that.
    Elena A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the compare and contrast, because I feel that teens will relate to the "awkward moments" when you watch something, and your parents change the channel cause it's inappropriate.
    -Zach Benayoun

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like them all! But for the first one, I think it would be a lot better if the sentences weren't run on and you started out with 'I don’t know about you, but I like to avoid those awkward moments when your parents watching a show and they change the channel because of inappropriateness, or those moments when shows are way too childish.' instead of the other sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like all your leads, but the one lead that stands out the most is the first one. Your first lead made me want to keep reading the rest of your opinion piece!
    -Gwyneth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like them all, but the first one is the best. It really gets you interested in the story. Nice!

    Miss Treble

    ReplyDelete
  8. number three is best, but they all need to be more enticing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like all of them but the last one is my favorite

    Everlast

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not sure if I like the first or third one more. The second makes want to keep reading, built the second one garbs your attention really well and makes me say, "Yeah! That is annoying!".

    Demaree R
    aka Master Radif

    ReplyDelete