Monday, November 7, 2011

Where's Waldo? There he is! He's in a movie?

          I remember when I was young I used to spend countless seconds beating every friend I had to a pulse at finding Waldo. It seems movie companies are doing this too. A couple years ago the idea to make Where's Waldo into a movie dawned as a brilliant idea to Nickelodeon and other animation studios, but no one knew how to conquer the project. Gee, I wonder why? Now MGM has decided to somehow put Waldo on the big screen. How they will do it? Who knows. All the information we know is that it will contain these characters: Waldo, Waldo's dog Woof, Wilma, Windy, and Waldo's arch-nemesis Odlaw.  
         Is it just me or do children's books that have few words not make good movies? I mean Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak was one of my favorite books growing up, but I thought the movie was. . . pretty awful. But I know it must have been challenging to write a one and a half hour long movie from less than 50 lines of text and pictures. But imagine writing a movie from a picture book? I don't really know about this one. And why do so many companies find this a good idea?


                     



 For more information on the possible Where's Waldo movie go to the Collider Blog.

Post by A Foley Artist
Photograph of Waldo here.
Camera photo here.

No comments:

Post a Comment