Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Meryl Streep Taking Another Leap


Academy Award winning and brilliant actress, Meryl Streep, is starring in her newest movie The Iron Lady. She will be portraying the dramatic life of former British Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher, and the movie is said to go to American theaters on December 16th of this year.
I have no idea what to expect from this movie, but I know I can look forward to Meryl Streep’s acting. I have seen a couple of her movies and there isn’t one that I hate. In case you have forgotten or haven’t seen any of her movies, I have a list of some movies she is in:
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Julie & Julia
Mamma Mia!
The Ant Bully
The Devil Wears Prada
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
And there are many more. The one thing I love about her acting style is how she successfully portrays her characters having multiple layers of emotions. For example, in The Devil Wears Prada, her character, Miranda Priestly, seems to be a powerful figure on the outside, but when her character goes through a potential divorce, Meryl Streep successfully portrayed her of being tired and weak. I think it was smart to cast her as Margaret Thatcher and I can’t wait for the movie.
I have attached a link from The Iron Lady’s Movie Website which has trailers and blogs for more information.
Posted by A Foley Artist
Picture link is here.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting! I haven't heard of Margaret Thatcher, but if it's worth making a movie about, it's worth watching. :)
    --Clara A.

    ReplyDelete