Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Hunger Games Movie Coming Next Year!

The Hunger Games Movie Poster               The Hunger Games series by Susan Collins is coming to the big screen on March 23, 2012.  It’s time to see if the movie can reach the standard the books set for it.  So far the trailers look awesome, and I think that the characters are well casted with Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen and Josh Hutcherson as Peeta Mellark.  The movie is directed by Gary Ross.

                For those people that don’t know, I’m pretty sure everybody does, the Hunger Games is set in future America, which is split into 12 districts all controlled by the capitol.  Every year these districts have to send one boy and one girl tribute to a game where they fight to the death against the tributes from other districts.  The story focuses around District 12 tribute, Katniss Everdeen, who bravely volunteers to take her little sister’s place in the game.

                I’m really excited to see the movie because I love the books.  Mockingjay annoyed me though because the ending felt really rushed, like magically everything was wrapped up and good.  I won’t spoil it for anyone though.   It’s funny to me but my mom read the Hunger Games and the only thing she could say about it was that she was really annoyed by Katniss’ teen indecision about who she loved.

Check out the Hunger Games website.
Elena A.

No comments:

Post a Comment