Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Letter to the Hunger Games Movie Director

Dear Hunger Games Movie Director,
       I'm so glad that all the Hunger Game scenes have been filmed and it’s starting to wrap up to come out on March 23, 2012. I know that many people(including myself) is looking forward to seeing this movie when it comes out in the theatres. However, I’ve noticed that many people have high expectations for movies that originated from books. Of course, movies are never exactly the same as books. But I still want the same adventurous feeling I got while reading the book.

       Things that I expect from this movie are that it will keep the movie audiences’ adrenaline running as the characters struggle to survive through the life rising arena. The movie should show the complexity of the relationship between Katniss and Peeta. The movie needs to show the conflict where Katniss is confused on whether she showed her affection to Peeta to get sponsors from the audience or because she actually loved him. Not only should the movie include all these elements but the movie should show the tension between the capital and the districts. The movie watchers should get the full impact of how much the capital is trying to take full control and oppresses the districts by sending people off to the hunger games to show who is superior.

Thank you,
Minji Kim

To read more about the progress of the Hunger Games Movie, click here.

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you 100%! this blog made me really excited for the Hunger Games movie. GOOD JOB:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely with your assessment of the movie and what is should be. This movie has a lot to live up to, and I hope it won't be a flop just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very worried about this movie. I'm still going to see it, and I'm sure it'll look great. But there's always a little adaptation decay. So, let's keep our fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if I can get up the courage to go and see it. I personally liked these books, but after seeing how they ruined the Eragon movie, i have lost faith in Hollywood's literary recreations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really looking forward to this movie. Interesting article, Minji!

    ReplyDelete